No matter if you are just starting out or you have run an e-commerce website for years, one of the most important parts of your business is customer feedback. Quality customer feedback can allow your company to grow and can help identify any problems that maybe hiding under the surface. Your customers are on the outside looking in and can see things that you the business owner simply cannot. Sometimes acquiring quality feedback can be a difficult task, are you doing what it takes?
1. Get live feedback. Many of you are already using live chat support on your website. This is a great idea, although you can also utilize live chat to generate up-to-date customer feedback. At the end of a chat session, install a prompt survey that brings up a simple multiple choice question that asks customers to rate your service or their experience.
2. Call your customer. This used to be the way business was handled before the internet. Believe it or not, this method of getting customer feedback is really effective. The personal touch is something that most customers are not used to and it makes most of them feel like you really care about them.
3. Utilize email surveys. After someone has purchased an item or service from you, follow up on the sale. Not only is it a great way to get more business, it’s a great way to receive feedback as well. While you might not want to send an email survey out to your loyal customers, getting feedback from new customers is vital to your company.
4. Ask for feedback during cancellations. Many times you will wonder why potential customers have abandoned their cart. When the customer fails to purchase what they have added to their cart, knowing why is very important. Adding a prompt pop up survey right after a customer has abandoned their cart, will provide you with the needed information.
5. Encourage feedback with a prize. A great way to motivate customers to leave feedback is to give them something in return. Prize giveaways are affordable ways to get people to tell you how their experience was. This is a win-win situation for both you and your customers.
A practical prize is a good prize. One of the best items you can offer in exchange for feedback is that of a high-quality, made in the USA wood cutting board. Everyone spends time in the kitchen, why don’t they do so with a cutting board with your company logo on it? At Cutting Boards USA we offer a great variety of high-quality wholesale cutting boards at a low price. For more information on pricing or the customization of your wholesale cutting board call us today!